Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Back in Business -- Me

So I'm back! I took a long hiatus for which I have no good explanation. But I am back and am not only writing about my reading again, but am also expanding into some new and exciting territory as well. I am hoping to start including great books for younger children as well as books for young adults to my repertoire, as there are one million great, hilarious, informative and interesting books to explore! I may also include a personal story here and there about my own experiences with children! So thank you for being patient with me and I will do my best to post regularly! (or at least more than once every two years...).

And as a introduction to my life as a teacher and why I might need to escape into books on occasion, a hilarious and only slightly disturbing encounter I had with a student recently.

*Morning Bell Rings to Come Inside*
All students but one line up to head inside and start the day. The student left is a grade one student (6 years old) whom we shall call Ron to protect his identity. He is still playing on the climbers without a care in the world.

Me: Alright Ron, let's go the bell rang it's time to go inside for school!
Ron: looks at me and continues playing
Me (to another teacher on the yard): Can you blow your whistle at him so he knows we mean business?
(everyone knows that when a teacher blows their whistle you need to move your butt)
Other Teacher: Sure *blows whistle*
Ron: Looks at us and continues playing
Other Teacher: Ok Ron I'm going to count to three and you need to be over here 1..2..
Ron: Finally starts coming down towards us
Me: Ron don't forget to get your backpack
(which has been left on the other side of the play structure)
Ron: How am I supposed to get my f**king backpack when you're already counting down from three?
Me: (NOT LAUGHING ON THE OUTSIDE) Good question and I see your point, but if we could perhaps avoid profanity in the future that would be super!

Oh the life of a teacher!

-- Morgan

*image sourced from booksforkeeps.org*

No comments:

Post a Comment